Learning the program you want to excel at is basic for all those who want to dedicate themselves, to a greater or lesser extent, to information technology. And one of the most widely used programming languages worldwide is the Java programing language, generally used for creating applications on Android and a host of other things.
In addition to a programming language, you need an environment to develop and create the application in Java which are offered by Java, so that you can learn more in this programming language and web environment. You must learn the complete Java tutorials once you have started the learning process.
Java programming is very dynamic and user-oriented. In its environment, all files that are generated are saved in a project, so each folder, document, compiled code (.class) or source file (.java) are stored.
Java allows its free download which facilitates the task of the Java programmers who are starting and want to try to program without spending even a single penny while you can learn everything about Java on this very blog.
What do I have to install to start practicing java tutorials?
Of course, you have to download java program. Here the first thing you have to decide your requirements. There are three program available to download as J2ME, J2SE and J2EE.
- J2ME is the micro version. It is a reduced version of java for small devices. The most typical are mobile phones. If we do not want to develop a game for one of these diabolical inventions, this is not your version.
- J2SE is the standard version. This is the version for normal applications that can run on a PC. In fact, this is the version you should download.
- J2EE is the enterprise version. It is for web application development and useful for people who program in web servers and make complex web pages with access to databases and the like.
There are many terms you have to learn for the ease in process of learning Java tutorials.
- JRE is the runtime environment. It serves to execute java programs that are already done. This option is suitable for those who want to surf the internet and that they work the applets included in some webpages performed in java.
- SDK is the development environment. This includes java compiler, debugger, and other tools. This is the right option for those who want to program their own applications in java.
This is just a brief introduction to get started in Java. You just stay tuned with me and I am going to share with you the best Java tutorials with you.
JavaFX is a family of products and technologies of Sun Microsystems, acquired by Oracle Corporation for creating Rich Internet Applications (RIAs), that is, web applications that have the features and capabilities of desktop applications, including interactive multimedia applications, applications for mobile phones, web, TV, video game consoles, Blu-ray players and many more. For application development, JavaFX declarative language called JavaFX Script typing, can also be integrated with Java code in JavaFX programs used. Among the new swing and differences, we can cite the following;
- It is able to make use of CSS, which is quite appreciated by the professionals to make GUI anytime with speed.
- Multimedia is something that never lacks and consolidate the accomplishment.
- The development process is much faster with Scene Builder and FXML.
- It supports 3D graphics.
- It provides a clear separation of the graphical user interface of the application logic MVC (Model, View and Controller).
- The new control called WebView allows the developers to embed HTML pages into JavaFX applications.
- You also create Canvas, Shapes, Statistical Graphics and New Containers.
To start programming in javaFX, you we must prepare your workspace, and for this we need the following tools;
- Java 8
- NetBeans IDE 8
- JavaFX Scene Builder 2.0
Download and install Java and NetBeans. If you already have them all, you must update them, and it is preferable to work with the latest versions. JavaFX comes with NetBeans, so when you install IDE, it will be installing this technology too. If you go to File → New Project menu, you can see that you have JavaFX category activated and ready to use.
What is JavaFX Scene Builder?
While installing the two tools mentioned above, you are already able to write programs in JavaFX and you would be forced to write pure code for .fxml files which is used to define interfaces. Unlike the Swing applications that have a built-in graphical editor, NetBeans to fxml files do not have and this is where JavaFX Scene Builder appears. This is a visual tool that lets you edit .fxml files following the principle of WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).
Add Scene Builder to NetBeans
Now you have to add FX editor NetBeans and this is very simple; you go for the menu → Options → select the option of JAVA and then select the JavaFX tab in the Home of Scene Builder and deploy the combo option and press the ‘browse’ option and search the folder where you installed the editor and select, press ‘OK’ to save the changes. Congrats! You are done.